The privacy of our clients is important to us. TPS, as a division of Elexon Electronics, commit to safeguard any sensitive information provided to us at any stage. Client contact details are stored for the purpose of sales, service and marketing. Client bank and credit card details are held for account payment purposes only.
Our databases are managed in accordance with Privacy Act 1988 National Privacy Principles (Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and its email marketing practises comply with the provisions of the Spam Act 2003 and Spam (Consequential Amendments) Act 2003.
Specific privacy conditions are as follows:
- Client information is not given, or sold to third parties without the written consent of the client.
- TPS only collects personal information that is necessary for its functions or activities.
- We use fair and lawful ways to collect personal information.
- We obtain consent to collect sensitive information unless specified exemptions apply.
- At the time personal information is collected, or as soon as practicable afterwards, we take reasonable steps to make an individual aware of why TPS is collecting personal information about them; who else TPS might give it to; and any other specified matters.
- TPS takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- TPS takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- TPS destroys or permanently de-identifies personal information when no longer needed.
- All mass email communications include a functional unsubscribe facility, including email, phone, fax and physical addresses to allow the communication of the addressee's wishes to cease receiving correspondence from TPS and associated companies.
- Any request to be removed from TPS's email database will be acted on within 2 business days of receipt of that advice, whether that advice is by email, fax, phone or mail.
- If an individual asks, TPS takes reasonable steps to let them know of, and give access to personal information that is held, what purpose it is held for, and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
- Where specified by law, external parties may access this personal information and may include emergency situations, law enforcement or other public interests.